RSSI Home Care
Residential Support Services, Inc. (RSSI) was formed in 1999 as the affiliate to its housing partner MHPI, Inc. The fundamental purpose of RSSI is to provide long-term care for individuals with disabilities, as well as the elderly to help people live more stable, productive lives in their own homes or community. Staff members such as registered nurses, social workers, service coordinators and occupancy specialists interact with clients on a regular basis to assist them by supporting their needs.
RSSI caregivers help individuals maintain independent living by assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL). Among the services available are:
- assisting the client in complying with health care provider instructions
- obtaining medical care from physician or emergency room if the client should become ill
- reminders to client medication
- assistance with laundry
- supervision and assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing and toileting)
- cleaning and general housekeeping
- assistance with shopping
- provision of, or arranging for transportation
Our program provides clients and their families with the assurance that they will receive the personal care and attention they need; the guidance and support to promote well-being by supporting their physical and emotional health to prevent rest or nursing home placement, and the opportunity to regain some of their independence and live in a dignified and meaningful way as they age in place.
With funding from government (Medicaid through Group Adult Foster Care), insurance, and private sources,
For more information about Residential Support Services, Inc. please contact Alice Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Based Supportive Services
Using its own Private Pay Plan, RSSI Home Care provides home care services to individuals who may not qualify for other care programs such as Group Adult Foster Care or Elder Service Plan but still desire some level of supportive services while living independently in their own apartments. The range of services, provided by certified home health aides, is flexible and is geared to meet the specific needs of the individual.
Working collaboratively, RSSI Home Care’s team of Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides come together to deliver a wide and varied array of services to seniors and those with disabilities. Among the services rendered are case management in consultation with medical professionals, assistance with bathing, toileting, meal preparation as well as help with shopping, light housekeeping and accompaniment to medical appointments.
RSSI Home Care delivers services primarily in the Greater Boston area and in Central Massachusetts. For more information on how to receive these services, call 1-888-333-2481.
Especially for the Elderly
One of the core values of our society is to respond to the needs of our senior citizens. Over the past twenty years, the situation has risen to the forefront as one of the more pressing national issues. The overall quality of life ultimately rests on three very important factors: sufficient income, affordable housing, and appropriate supportive services.
Aware of this trend for many years, MHPI saw the need to provide services to those tenants who, as they were aging, were facing increasingly complex challenges related to their physical and psychiatric well-being.
In 1999, MHPI formed its affiliate, Residential Support Services, Inc. (RSSI). The fundamental purpose of RSSI is to provide long-term care for the elderly that help people live more stable, productive lives in their own homes or community so they can age in place.
Group adult foster care
Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) is a MassHealth Program that pays for personal care services for eligible seniors and adults with disabilities who live in GAFC-approved housing. Housing may be an assisted living residence or specially designated public housing or subsidized housing. To qualify, residents must be eligible for Mass Health and need help with at least one daily personal care task such as bathing or dressing.
To be eligible for Group Adult Foster Care, you must:
- Be 60 years of age or older, or 22 and chronically disabled
- Be eligible for MassHealth Standard
- Live in designated public or subsidized housing or an assisted living facility that participates in GAFC
- Need daily assistance with one or more personal care task such as bathing, dressing, toileting, meal preparation, and/or moving about.
- Have a physician’s statement of your condition
- Be screened and approved for the program
If you qualify for Group Ault Foster Care you will get these benefits:
- An individual care plan developed by a registered nurse and social worker
- Ongoing monitoring of needs
- Personal care services in your home
- Medication management
- 24-hour access to services
- Supervision and assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing and toileting)
- Assistance with laundry
- Cleaning and general housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with grocery or other personal shopping
- Accompanying the client to medical appointments and assisting the client to understand and comply with health care instructions provided at these appointments.
There is no cost for Group Adult Foster Care for Mass Health clients who meet the eligibility requirements.
If you are interested in more information about GAFC, please contact us at 617-884-6333 and either the GAFC nurse or social worker will contact you to set up an appointment.
Using its own Private Pay Plan, Residential Support Services, Inc. can provide home care services to individuals who may not qualify for other care programs such as Group Adult Foster Care or Elder Service Plan, but still desire some level of supportive services while living independently in their own apartments.
The range of services is flexible and is geared to meet the specific needs of the individual. Provided by certified home health aides, clients can elect as many of the following services as desired.